- …but sometimes the Bible in the hand of one man is worse than a whisky bottle in the hand of other…
- There are just some kind of men who – who´re so busy worrying about the next world they´ve never learned to live in this one, and you can look down the street and see the results.
- The things that happen to people we never really know.
- …before I can live with other folks I´ve got to live with myself.
- One thing that doesn´t abide by majority rule is a person´s conscience.
- I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a man with the gun in his hand. It´s when you know you´re licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.
- „I think I´ll be a clown when I get grown,“ said Dill. /…/ „Yes sir, a clown,“ he said. „There ain´t one thing in this world I can do about folks except laugh, so I´m gonna join the circus and laugh my head off“. „You got it backwards, Dill, “ said Jem. „Clowns are sad, its´s folks that laugh at them.“ „Well I´m gonna be a new kind of clown. I´m gonna stand in the middle of the ring and laugh at the folks…“
Archive | January, 2014
Elu traagika seisneb selles, et kõik on määratud hävima juba selsamal hetkel, kui tekib; sest see on elu olemus, sest niisugune elu on ainus, mis kunagi saab meie päralt olla.
(Ricarda Huch – Viimane suvi)